Translate

Friday, June 18, 2010

Ciao America, Bonjourno Italia!

So this is it, I am officially now a "blogger"...WEIRD! But on an even weirder note, I will be an Italian in just a couple of days!

As I kept telling people that I would be studying in Italy this summer, it never really sank in that I would actually BE in Italy! However, now that I am beginning to lay out clothes and get packed up, I am very quickly beginning to realize that I will indeed be in Italy or according to Italians, ITALIA! I won't lie, I am filled with almost every emotion right now. I am very excited, anxious, scared & even homesick...already! With all of these emotions stirring inside though, I still can't wait to finally arrive in this beautiful country, travel with my family for a week, and then head off to Rome to become a Roman student (That has a great ring to it)! In all of this crazy adventure though, some things are higher on my list than others. As of right now, here are some top goals/wants for my Italian adventures...

1.Improve my Italian
2.Visit Michelangelo's David (after studying this piece in art history this semester, I am amazed & in love with this sculpture)
3.Take in the pretty & see all the beauty God has created here(buildings, food, people, landscape)

I hope that these blogs will help for some of y'all to keep up to date with my adventures! I hope to write fairly often and upload a couple of pictures here & there. If you have facebook, look for more there :)


"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH!

    i am soo excited for you! reading this made me get stoked for my adventures!!!!

    dang girl. we are going to be mature cultured adults by the end of this year :)

    ReplyDelete