Translate

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Siena!



So I am officially in Rome & I thought that I would quickly update about our quick trip to Siena! I will write about Rome soon, but I'm going to wait until I've moved into my apartment & have gotten settled in a little bit more.

So on to Siena....
Siena is seriously gorgeous! We took a bus to get there, which was a first for this trip. The bus passed through all of the beautiful Tuscan fields which included flowers and beautiful houses that could be found everywhere! When we got into Siena, we checked into the hotel. When we first entered, the place looked a little questionable but with a couple more steps, the hotel was perfect! The view seriously showed all of Siena & had windows on every wall! The above picture is a view from our windows. After settling in, we headed towards Il Duomo. In the Duomo we were actually able to take pictures which was a nice change. It was so elaborate, but incredibly pretty. It's amazing to see all of the hard work & planning put into these buildings!

The rest of the night we spent walking around, looking at the scenery, eating, & shopping. I got this super cute, trendy outfit that all of the Italian girls are wearing! I can't wait to finally wear it (I'll put a picture up once I do). To end this short but pretty day, we went to my FAVORITE restaurant thus far. The name was Osteria Boccon del Prete & the owner was so warming. The food was delicious! On that note, I have done a great job of trying something different at each "ristorante" & "gelaterria" I go to.

Rome blogs will come soon, but until then..
Buona notte i miei amici!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see this outfit of yours! I'm so jealous of the fashion that you get to wear and see over there!

    ReplyDelete