Translate

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thanksgiving

Being here continuously reminds me of how incredibly blessed I am.  Although times are difficult throughout the week, and I am homesick for family and friends, I have learned so much about others and myself since being here.  The support that I receive on a daily basis is mind blowing, and prior to coming here, I had no idea that I could potentially be showered with so much love.  With that said, my book fundraising has been a huge success!  Through youcaring.com, I have been able to receive about $400 thus far.  On top of that, I have graciously received large donations from others too, some for personal use and others for my books, bringing my estimated fundraising to almost $4,000 USD.  These kids are going to go crazy with the possibility of reading different stories, and I cannot wait to see their faces as they are presented with such a large sum of books and a pretty library (aka large closet). 

At this point, the “library” is cluttered with desks, chairs, and broken shelves.  Everything is covered in dust.  So starting next week, I will begin the process of cleaning that bad boy out.  I am hoping to get some large boys (aka teenagers) to help move the desks, and then a broom and wet cloth will be my new best friends!  I am so excited to see the final process, and I promise to share pictures as soon as things are finished.

Saying thank you never really seems like enough, but I want to say thank you again to all of you who have loved on me.  Additional shout outs to those of you who have prayed for me or donated to my cause:

Amanda and Mark Oberstoetter
Kelsey Stultz
Hennah Iqbal
Alex Scheibner
Stasi Boatwright
Andrew Utz
Lisa McLaughlin
LaVonne Walter
Ali Pammar
Susan Sternberg
Cheryl & Danny Wells
West Newton Presbyterian Women
Joseph & Mary Parker
Rita Clendenning
Phyllis Lanham
Carol Dansak
Violet Pore
Daryl Vijuk
Sewickley United Presbyterian Church

And a HUGE thank you to:
Parkway United Methodist Church and Wood Mackenzie


My cup runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment