Translate

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roaming around Rome




So I've made it to my new apartment & so far things are off to a great start! The first couple of days in Rome I was with my family & we got to walk around & shop which was nice and relaxing. On Wednesday though, I headed off to my new apartment! I went to the SAI office & got my keys & cell phone! So if you are willing to pay to call me, just facebook me or email me for the number :) In my apartment, there are 5 other girls besides me. We have 3 rooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, & place for a table. It is completely different from America, but it's cute and warming minus the whole NO AC.

Breakdown for what we've been doing:
-The first day after arriving, I unloaded all of my luggage & settled in. After doing that, we headed off to venture around our part of town. We aren't in the city & honestly we aren't even very close to it. However, we are surrounded by Italians & in the part of town where everybody lives. After figuring out where we were, we found a pretty good restaurant where we all got pizza! They were seriously huge, but so yummy. After that, we headed to get gelato where one of the workers gave us a drink for free. The place was packed, so I guess that means we picked a good one. Lastly, we headed home & relaxed on the computer, getting to know each other, & figuring out how to get to campus the next day.

-Today we had a mandatory meeting at John Cabot University. We went over expectations for Italy & how we should behave & safety instructions. Then Lisa, the department head, took us from the one campus to the other which was about a 15 minute walk. After, we went back to the first campus where we got our photo ID's taken & signed up for some field trips. Since then we have eaten lunch & walked around a lot!! I am so tired, but know that if I sleep I probably won't wake up for a long time. Later this evening, SAI is providing us with a complimentary dinner which includes 5 courses! I'm gonna be so full!

Well I'm off for now! The pictures I'm putting up are of my bedroom (I'm the back bed) and my school (a patio that we have in the center), so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment