Translate

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

La musica per "the soul"




3 Days now until I leave! The smaller the days get, the more excited I am about going home. However, I feel like it's for all of the wrong reasons that I'm so excited. I love my roommates, but 6 girls in one house is just never a very good idea. Also, it would be nice to be around southern men and women again.

Today has been good though. I haven't done much yet, but in a couple hours I'm gonna go out on the town. There is a nice breeze going on here & I am currently sitting on our wrap-around balcony stealing wifi :) I guess I should update y'all on the speech competition. I tied for 2nd place out of 13 contestants, so I feel like that is pretty good. The kid I predicted to win first place did! He is from Milan and is an awesome writer & speaker so I wasn't surprised at all!

Tonight, Natalie, me, and possibly some other people are going to dinner on the Tiber River. I'm pretty excited about this because I think I've determined that the Tiber is my favorite landmark in Rome. It took me awhile to come to this conclusion, but it definitely has a strong place in my heart. The Tiber separates Trastevere (where I live) and the city/monuments of Rome. At night it is beautifully lit & from high landmarks the thing looks amazing!

Well, I should go focus on packing some more. I am pretty much all packed up, but I am currently waiting for some more clothes to dry. So soon I will be back in the land of REAL mexican food & bbq! I can't wait.

Ti amo,
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment