Translate

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pistachio e bananas



Another day down! It is getting more & more realistic that I leave Saturday. I am pretty much packed and tomorrow I have my final. I am so excited to get back home & be with my family and friends, but I am also gonna miss Rome like crazy! Rome and I have definitely had our ups & downs, but at the end of the day I feel like we always go to bed happy with one another. I don't know when I'll be back here next, but I can say with certainty that I learned a lot from this place. For starters, I am 100% more sure of myself and know that I am who I say I am. I was always pretty confident in this, but since being in situations where alcohol is heavy and faith is low, I am even more confident.

Today was a long, productive, and breezy day. After class, I came home & packed everything up. I surprisingly did really good at condensing all of the stuff I brought and the stuff I bought. When packing, I got pretty anxious to get back! There is so much at home waiting for me. So many new adventures and friendships to continue to grow and develop! After packing, I headed down to school and roamed around Trastevere until some of the girls were out of class. When we were all out, we walked around Trastevere a little more & then headed to Borghese Gardens again. I don't have a final I can study for so I took a nice nap there while the others looked over notes. Around 6ish we headed back home to Gianicolense and since then, 4 of us have just been relaxing and talking. We are all such different people, but we have connected so well and formed such great relationships. There has never been an awkward moment or a time where I felt like I didn't already know these girls. I hope that our friendships continue to grow!

Tomorrow is our last night out and our last day to explore! I will definitely be taking advantage of that and eating a lot of food :)

A short list of things I love about Rome:
-WALKING!
-Gelato (pistachio, bananas, e fragola)
-meeting new people & not feeling awkward
-The Irish
-Fresh Fruit
-My roommates
-Old Italian couples
-Red Pants
-Businessmen on Vespas

No comments:

Post a Comment