Translate

Friday, April 5, 2013

Americanisms

I wrote a post last night in the heat of the moment.  As some of you know, I write best when good/bad things are happening.  However, in order to avoid always putting up my deepest, darkest struggles, I decided to change my post to be more upbeat and carefree.  You know, rainbows and butterflies, and all of those happy, smiley things :)  So here ya go peeps:

There are many things I'm currently missing back home.  They are random and silly.  Things people don't pay that much attention to in their everyday lives.  They are small things we take for granted.  I don't miss them constantly, but there are times when strong longings for these Americanisms seep back in and I realize just how good America has been to me.

Here are the American things I am currently missing:

  • David Ramirez concerts (live music in general)
  • Bikram yoga
  • Bookstores
  • Coffee shops (decaf coffee with soy milk)
  • Handsoap
  • Hermann Park
  • American pop music
  • Outings with my sister
So there's that.  Short, sweet, and to the point.  Blogs however will be slowing down for a couple weeks though because crunch time has begun and marking and my red pen are officially my besties in Namibia.  However, if you have questions or want to know more about Namibia, any thing I have said, etc., feel free to ask and I will write up a little questionnaire blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog showed up on my Bloglovin for the day (I'm behind as usual on reading) so I started reading. What adventures and travel. I'm almost jealous.
    mmm Hermann Park... sounds like you're from my neck of the woods. ..Houston.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete