Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Cause I am Your Lady and You are my Man"

I'm sitting outside on the stoop as Celine Dion belts out some beautiful melody, very typical Celine style.  Deep.  Powerful.  Empowering.  The boys are building a fence around the homestead with the help of Doc's brother, and the sun is setting a pastel pink behind my equally pastel pink house.  As I look out into the distance, a chestnut colored cow and his pal are wandering through the desolate fields searching for food they will struggle to find.  All around me I am reminded that I am truly in Namibia, and in this moment, my heart is incredibly full, as full as Celine's love song.  There are clothes hanging up outside, there are people walking to and from different homesteads, and there are chickens climbing trees, something prior to being here I did not know was possible.  In these moments, I can hardly believe that this is where I live, but I'm so thankful for these constant reminders that show me just how blessed I am to be a part of such a community.

Pastel sky, Pastel house.

No comments:

Post a Comment