Translate

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Holiday 2 Commencement


**Disclaimer: This was written prior to truly understanding how I would be arriving in Windhoek aka STYLE!  Thank you Intercape**

My lime green hiking backpack adorned with yellow hibiscuses sits at the door waiting to be strapped onto my back. As I give it a quick glimpse, I walk out the door attempting to patiently embrace this day. With the sand moving in and out of my shoes as I walk to the school, I quietly say my morning prayers and ask for guidance and protection on my next journey. In less than 12 hours, I will squeeze into an oh so dreadful, but glorious bus with one other volunteer. I can already imagine how some of the adventures will play out. I can already hear PDK and Gazza serenading us on our 8 hour plus trip south towards Windhoek. Like clock work, the hours will pass by slowly before this excursion. It seems like every journey has this long, quiet pause before the excitement begins, allowing for reflection and preparation. I breathe these moments in, knowing that without them it would feel like I was drowning in all the continuous newness, beauty, and Namibian sand. This holiday marks the beginning stages of my countdown until I return home.  This holiday will be the last time that I will greatly explore the country of Namibia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment