Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Drive into Kunene


There’s something about writing in the car that makes each journey a little easier to connect with.  It helps me to settle any nerves, address any fears, and embrace the excitement and blessings I am feeling.  I cannot even believe that I am currently on my way to Kunene with two other volunteers, all of us waiting anxiously to start out new jobs as teachers.  So many scenarios have run through my head on this long, hot, winding ride.  For instance, will I know what to teach?  Will my roommates like me?   Will I make friends in my village?  Will I conquer the bakki?  Will I figure out how to get paid?  There are so many new experiences that I will encounter here, so many foreign concepts that I’m afraid of failing at.  Luckily though, I know I am not alone in these feeling.  I know that there are 14 other people feeling and thinking the same or similar things.  We are all new to this Namibian world and we are all out of comfort zone on some level.  However, we know that we were selected for a reason, and whether it be a personal passion, an interest in foreign affairs, or a gracious God that put these desires in our heart, we are all here for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment