Translate

Monday, January 14, 2013

Otjirunda in Two Days

I currently have two days left in Windhoek, so much is continually happening, which makes it so hard to keep everyone up-to-date.  The wifi has been sketchy since returning from Omungwelume, so the best times for me to talk and message with others is either early in the morning or late at night, neither of which I’m super fond of right now.

The past couple days we have been finishing up our orientation sessions, running last minute errands, and exploring whenever is possible.  The stories I could share are priceless and full of empowerment.  My heart has seriously been so happy being here.  The people I’m surrounded with each day have been helpful, informative, caring, but even more importantly, like family.  God has seriously blessed me with a strong group and I’m so excited to visit homesteads and go on trips with these girls.

With all of that being said, today, a group of us were able to go into town and get more things bought for the long journey north.  I was able to buy a Namibian flag, which is clearly important :), and also a mosquito net to cut and put on my window, some African jewelry, and a battery charger.  I think the only things left on my list are some groceries and a soccer ball. 

Today, we also paid a little visit to USAID.  The meeting was very informative, and for the first time other than Kristin and Emily, I heard someone use the word y’all.  It was a beautiful moment from God.  Other than all of that fun going on, I hand washed some towels and baked cookies for the group.  It was a productive day, and being the nerd that I am, a productive day in Namibia deserves like five gold stars.

That’s all for now.  I’ll try to write again before leaving for Otjirunda.

Sunset view tonight


All my love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment