Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Boobs


I had my first huge teacher fail today.  A couple of my grade 8 boys had been asking me to watch a movie for a while.  I am trying not to get in the habit of flaunting my computer, but today while I was cooking, I decided what the heck?  The boys can watch at least a TV show.  I started off with something short (Big Bang Theory), hoping that would be good enough, but not even five minutes in they were asking for fighting.  First of all, I am a girl, and even though I love some good action (my girl crush Lisbeth Salander), it is not my first thing to go to.  However, I did have Homeland.  I figured marines that will do.  So I quickly put on the episode telling them that it was about the US marines and that got their attention.  However, 10 minutes into the show, a boob was flashed.  I had completely forgotten that there was a very detailed sex scene (two, luckily I remembered the second one in time and ended the show completely) at the start of the show.  Now granted, these boys are probably at least 17 and have probably seen more boobs than I care to know about, but I quickly went and told them that as their teacher I wasn’t gonna let them watch that.  They chuckled a little bit, but being the paranoid person I can sometimes be, I’m pretty sure I’m gonna get fired for allowing my 8th grade boys to see a boob on TV.  Oh Africa problems!  I clearly need different movies and shows to share with my learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment