Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Weeks to Come


I spent the weekend celebrating the lives of my precious friends Kristin and Abby.  I am seriously so happy whenever I am with my Oshakati girls.  The times we have together are fun, adventurous, and relaxing because we are all so comfortable with each other.  While there, we had a birthday party, enjoyed some delicious meat, went shopping, headed to Benny’s, and saw Abby’s home.

Other than those fun times, I have been pretty busy the past couple weeks so I don’t feel like my blog writing has been as prominent, which is a little upsetting to me.  My thoughts are everywhere, my life is everywhere, basically I am everywhere, and so my writing is everywhere, which again, is upsetting to me.  In the upcoming weeks though, life speeds up and slows down at the same time.  Next week, my Field Director will be coming to observe my class and take a look at my school.  This is definitely coming at a good time because I am still facing some serious struggles with my living situations.  Instead of things getting better, they are gradually getting worse (i.e. today a baby peed on my floor because she never wears a diaper).  That week, I will also only have to work Monday through Wednesday.  Thursday is Independence Day in Namibia.  PARTAYYY!!  Therefore, we are teaching on Saturday so that we can also take off that next Friday.  Bittersweet for sure.  The following week is Easter.  Words cannot express how ready I am for this weekend.  The girls and I are headed to Swakopmund along the coast of Namibia.  The town has a German feel and offers so many adventures, new experiences, different food, etc.  Let’s just say I am counting down (16 days).  After that, I just have to make it to the end of April and then I have a month break.  I am ready to recoup, relax with my friends, and most importantly, see my mom and dad.  Tears may come. Lots of hugs will be given.

As far as other things happening in Otjerunda, this town is slowly feeling more like home.  I don’t have as much of a desire to go to Opuwo anymore.  Although I obviously need to go in for food, mail, real Internet service, and occasionally a hot shower, I am not feeling like I need to be there every weekend.  I am feeling braver and more adventurous to try things on my own.  My independent side is showing up again in Namibia, which is so good because it has been missed.  Unfortunately, life in Otjerunda is still pretty quiet, but I think it always will be.  Teachers don’t exactly hangout after school, but I am hoping being here this weekend may change things a little bit.  Maybe I will see if some of the guys want to watch a movie and hangout.

No comments:

Post a Comment