Translate

Friday, May 17, 2013

A new school. A new region. A new experience.

News just in, I am officially moving. As most of you readers know, I have faced many trials and tribulations at my school in the Kunene Region. I have loved my students and their sweet hearts immensely, but other aspects (I.e. living arrangements and others I do not feel comfortable discussing on a blog), have made these first 5 months emotionally and physically draining. With that said, I have been able to spend the past 20 days or so renewing my soul, my outlook, and my energy. This trip has reminded me how much I love the Namibian culture, scenery, and people. Yes, there are flaws, but aren't there always?

With that said, I will be moving to the Ohangwena region for the start of term 2. I will be right on the border of Angola and Namibia at a school called Odibo Combined School. As of right now, I am still unsure of what I will be teaching and where I will be living, but it has been mentioned that I may possibly live with the bishop or nuns. Side note: this school used to be an old church school prior to being run by the government, so the nun population is still high. Although many may see this as odd and question why I chose this school (yes, I chose it), knowing that I would be surrounded by people who love The Lord seemed too spot on to pass up. 

In addition, Odibo is about 5km from one of the main towns, which will make it easy to get groceries and any other supplies that I may need. A run to town every week? Sounds magnificent. Fortunately too, I am only about 50 minutes to an hour from my Oshana girls. Time for a plethora of Toshana parties in term 2 and 3. More details to come on the school and living though. Until then, here's a map of Oshikango (the big town). I am 5km away and practically hanging out with the Angolans! Yebbou


No comments:

Post a Comment