Translate

Monday, May 13, 2013

Continuing my Education

On this safari, we are traveling with 5 older people from Holland. Two couples and one single lady (I can't write that without singing a little Beyonce). The trip has been educational, but even more so, I am reminded how much I love Europe, traveling, and different cultures. 

On top of that though, and this applies to Africans too, I am fascinated by all of the languages these people speak. The 5 from Holland know their native language, German, French, and English. As for our safari crew, they know their native language, different African languages, and English. These people are awesome, and in all honesty, I am jealous. I wish America took more pride in learning other languages. Yes English is most commonly spoken, but why not learn another? Why not expand your mind and your knowledge of the world? From this trip, I am promising myself to put more effort into learning another language more fluently. I know Italian, but not nearly as well as I should or would like to, and since growing up and working means that you no longer attend school, why not dedicate some time to learning a new language or improving one I've already started learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment