Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Reminder to Self


There is one important thing I’ve been trying to prepare myself for upon my return, and that is this:  I have changed, but that does not mean everyone at home has.  I cannot go home and expect others to have radically altered lives just because I now do.  I cannot get upset or angry because of materialism and lack of awareness of others.  Just because my awareness is now heightened to all of these things, I cannot put the same expectations on others.  I am the one who decided and agreed to uproot my life, which means I cannot expect others to be on the same page as me.  I can hope for understanding and a desire for continuous self-improvement, but I cannot expect others to drastically change the way they are living now that I am home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment