Translate

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Exhausted




Wow I'm exhausted!! These couple days since my parents left me in Rome have been filled with adventure & craziness! My feet & body are slowly getting used to walking like crazy, but I'm still sore & tired after the long days. The weather here has been pretty warm, but not nearly as warm as Texas. However, we don't have AC in our apartment so there's no escaping the heat & humidity. So now to what I've been doing...

I'm going to break it up into days because it's easier to do that than paragraph form:
-Thursday & Friday we had orientation through the University. We got to see all of the campus, explore Trastevere (the part of Rome where we live), get our school ID's, & meet some new people. At night we've been crossing over the Tiber River and going exploring in the city. We got to see Campo dei fiori & Piazza Navona. They are both beautiful & I personally prefer them more in the day than at night.

-Saturday & Sunday (today) I went on free tours through the university. On Saturday we toured the Fountains of Rome. Our tour guide showed & taught us about some of the buildings & then took us past some of the fountains & Trevi. Trevi is gorgeous, I just wish it wasn't so crowded all of the time. We ended up losing our tour guide so once that happened, we went to lunch where I got lasagna for 5 euros & then went shopping. Today we went on a tour of Ancient Rome. It was a lot of fun & totally worth it. We got to see practically all of Rome! I swear in these two days I've walked more than 10 miles. I hope I come back in super great shape!! After the tour, we went shopping. We were seriously out walking for 8 hours...INSANE!!

Tomorrow we start class. I hope that I like it & that the school load isn't too intense! I'll blog soon! The pictures are of some of my roommates & me and then the Colosseum. I hope you enjoy!

Ciao,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment