Translate

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slacking






So I'm becoming quite the blog slacker... I'm very sorry about that. Unfortunately, I'm leaving Rome very very soon! It's amazing how fast the time flew by here. Although I'm really excited to go home and see my family and Fabian, I know that I am going to miss Rome like crazy! I feel like I've been living here for years and that this is my city. I'm gonna miss the public transportation, all of the walking, the amazing sites as I go shopping, the dogs that walk everywhere, the vespas, etc! There are so many great things about Rome & for those of you that have been and have only been here for a week or a couple of days, that seriously isn't enough time for this city!!

Now to my eventful and filled weekend! I love the weekends here! They're so relaxing and always filled with something to do. Here's the breakdown of everything I've been doing:

Thursday: I had a really relaxing day/night. After getting out of class, I just hung out with the roommates, we went shopping, and had dinner. A little later at night, 3 of us went for a walk around the city to see the Spanish Steps. They were just as crowded as they were in the day, but I'm glad that we took the time out to see how they appear at nighttime.

Friday: Friday was an early morning! Me, my roommate, and 2 of the boys we have class with headed to the Vatican Museums on this day. At about 10ish we finally got through all of the lines and were able to get into the museum. There is a lot to do in here, but of course the main attraction was the Sistine chapel. It's crazy to see all of these paintings because I spent all of last semester studying them. The creation of Adam was insane! I seriously can't wrap my head around Michelangelo and his talent. The second main painting I wanted to see at the museum was Raphael's "school of Athens." However, we got lost about 5 times in the museum and had to give up. We were very American after that and decided to get lunch at burger king.

After lunch, I met up with my other roommates and we headed over to Castel Sant'Angelo. This museum was very simple, but the building was gorgeous and had an amazing view of the city! I love all of the scenery views.

Saturday: Oh gosh, what did I do Saturday?! OH yes, this was an amazing day! First off, I woke up and worked on my midterm for a little bit. We had all agreed that today would be a very chill and relaxing day and it really was. Around 1, we left the house to go get lunch at a cute cafe. The food was great and very reasonable. After, we got on the bus and headed to the Borghese gardens. These gardens are so relaxing and beautiful! I was able to take a nice nap there because the breeze from the trees was so pretty. After, we headed to get some gelato, which I somehow got for free because the guy gave me my money right back! I don't know what I'm gonna do without my Italian ice cream and Italian pizza... The rest of the night was relaxing too. I went to the Steeler's bar with my roommates for a little while and then after that we headed home to sleep.

Sunday: This was a very long, but great day! At around 6, 3 of us headed to the flea market to check that out. I will definitely need to go back because we didn't have enough time. At 8, we headed to Ostia to go to Faber Beach. It was such a pretty day there and all of the Italian families were out. Its great to see these families. The little boys run around in their speedos and the little girls run around topless! I swear they live the life :) We eventually headed home, I finished my midterm, and then later that night we went to Scholar's. It was karaoke night and we were forced to sing. We sang Bennie and the Jets and No Scrub! It was a lot of fun :)

As for the rest of the week, we are trying to get as much done as we can! Hennah and I listed all of the things we still want to do and the list is sooo long! Sadly, most of it is food :) Ill probably gain weight these next couple days...

Buona sera!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment