Translate

Thursday, July 15, 2010

La Dolce Vita




Well this week has been crazy and will only get crazier!! School has been busy & I've been successfully trying to finish up all of the little things to do in Rome. However, I think the list is getting longer rather than shorter because there is always something new to do!

This week I had my first speech, which was an informative one. I talked about my brain surgery & what it was that I had to get done. The other kids seemed to enjoy & my teacher had positive feedback so I'm hoping for a good grade :) As for going out & seeing more of the town, I was able to head over to the Vatican yesterday with some friends. Unfortunately, the Sistine Chapel was closed for the day (we'll go back next week), but we were able to do St. Peter's. St. Peter's was seriously crazy! I know I've been there before, but you appreciate stuff like that a lot more when you're older & understand. While we were there, I made everybody walk to the top (551 stairs) instead of taking the elevator. I promised them that they wouldn't regret it, but I think some of them might. However though, the view was completely gorgeous & if we didn't have other plans for the rest of the day, I could have stayed up there forever! The city looked so peaceful from up high & oddly, you could still pick out the places you had been to. Rome is seriously a great place to explore & walk around & I'll miss that greatly when I have to leave in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of walking & exploring, if you ever wanna lose weight, walk everywhere! All of my clothes are now too big & my legs, arms, body are all losing weight :) I am definitely NOT complaining about that though :)

Tonight, I head off to the Amalfi Coast & Capri! Capri is the only place I REALLY wanted to visit while here, so I can't wait to get there! I will write once home & settled in. I miss Texas & will miss Rome this weekend, they are now my two homes!

Ciao miei belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment