Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Under the Tuscan Sun




So it is my first official weekend here in Italy where I am able to travel & do whatever it is that I want to do. Yesterday, a bunch of the girls went up to Tuscany! Some are staying for the whole weekend & also hitting up Venice & Florence, but since I just did all of that, I only went to Tuscany for the day and then came home. I must say that Tuscany is seriously gorgeous! And if I was to move to Italy, this is definitely where I would go!! I love the rolling hills, the view, the flowers, & the small town feeling. While we were in Tuscany for the day, we got to do A LOT of eating! I can't comprehend how Italians stay thin and healthy when they are eating the way they do daily. Here is the breakdown of our day...

1. We met up with La Dolce Vita Style (the company we went through to do our trip) at 7am

2. Around 9:45ish we arrived in the Town of Pienza where the 2nd Pope came from. Here we walked around on our own & were able to see a beautiful view. The town only had a few roads. Some of which included the Road of Luck, the Road of Love, & the Road of Kissing. We chose the Road of Love.

3.We got back on the bus & headed to the town of Montepulciano. Here we got to go in a medieval wine cellar, & taste cheese and wine. I'm obviously not an expert on wine or any alcohol, but this was definitely the best red wine (Vino Rosso) I've ever had! In this same town, we were able to walk around on our own & explore. Montepulciano is also the town where the ending of New Moon was filmed. However, our tour guide didn't mention that until the end so I wasn't able to see the Piazza.

4. Lastly, we went to a farmhouse where we had a 5 course dinner/lunch. The food was really great! But again, I still can't understand how they continue to each this much daily!

As the day wound down, 3 of us (the ones not staying the whole weekend) were put on a train back to Rome. Unfortunately though, we had to wait a couple hours because the trains were on strike until 6pm and wouldn't be running until afterward. These strikes are probably the craziest thing about Italy and they take them like Americans take recess! Which is basically whenever they want to! In the end, It all worked out though and today (Saturday), I am hoping to go to one of the beaches of Rome, & then on Sunday into the Colosseum. I miss all of you like crazy & am missing Texas more than I thought I would!

Above are pictures of the view & wine cellars, etc

Buon giorno,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment