Translate

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Countdowns

I love a good countdown.  In fact, I love anything that allows me to check things off of a list.  It's my type A personality 100% coming out, and it gives me a sense of satisfaction for completing something else.  So with that said, here's my countdown as of right now.  It is long, extends for 6 months, and includes events that are really only a big deal to me (not all are events, but just important dates).

  • Possible river trip- 5 days
  • Month 7 starts- 8 days
  • July 4th and party fun- 11 to 12 days
  • Jessie's wedding that I am missing :( - 27 days
  • Month 8, only 4 to go- 39 days
  • End of term 2 for students- 54 days
  • August holiday- 59 days
  • Month 9- 70 days
  • Amanda and Mark come to NAMIBIA!- 82 days
  • Month 10- 100 days
  • End of service meeting- 124 days
  • Halloween- 130 days
  • Month 11, 1 left- 131 days
  • Thanksgiving- 158 days
  • Month 12- 161 days
  • End of term 3- 163 days
  • End of my teaching career in Namibia- 166 days
  • Fly home- 179 days
Well that's all of them for now.  179 days seems like a long time, but I have a feeling that things will fly by pretty quickly, especially once we make it to term 3.  I've been told that term 1 is pretty fast because everything is new, you are adjusting, and you have a nice long break.  Term 2 is supposedly the term that feels the longest because you are no longer new and have no long weekends to go on quick trips.  Term 3 is also fast because you are trying to finish up with teaching, see last minute things, and prepare for your return home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment