Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Village Days

Blogs on blogs on blogs.  It’s a week of sharing because as we all know, sharing is caring!  With that said, I’m gonna share a play-by-play of living in a village so that everyone has a better understanding of my little life here.  So here it goes:

5:50 my first alarm goes off and I pretend like I may do yoga…I don’t.

6:20 I wake up and start getting ready.  I dress for the cold, but prepare for the summer heat as well.  It is about 50 in the morning, but back to the 90s by the time I get out of school.

7:00 I walk to school and arrive around 7:10

7:45 Morning devotional and assembly.

8:00 to 1:50 I am at school either teaching, lesson planning, marking books, or reading.

2:00 I pack up my stuff and walk home.  If it is Thursday though, I stay until 3:30 for my 10th grade English Club.

2:15 I eat lunch and talk to mom.

2:30 Workout (Jillian Michaels and then yoga)

3:30 Heat water on the stove for a bath and sweep the floor (my house is very dusty…every day).

4:00 Take my bucket bath with warmish water thanks to my hot plate.

4:30 Work on WorldTeach info, mark books, get on the Internet.  It varies from day to day.

5:30 Start cooking dinner.

6:30 Eat dinner, watch TV, and drink some coffee (I found soy milk in Ondangwa!)

7:00 Do dishes in a bucket because I still do not have running water.

7:15 until 9:30 Watch TV shows, read, get on the Internet, talk to mom.

9:30 Get in bed


So that’s pretty much how each day goes.  It helps to have a routine in the village because it keeps me occupied, and well, I’m a person who loves some order in life.  I go to bed earlier than I have in probably 10+ years, and I am doing things I never really imagined (bucket bathing).  On Friday and also on the weekends, things change up a bit because I go to town for food, clean the house, do laundry (aka a girl comes to get it), and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment