Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

One Year


For so long I said you can do anything for a year, and ultimately, I believe you can.  But, and this is a big but, that doesn’t mean it will be easy.  A year is a long time.  In the small picture it does not seem so grandiose, but when you look at it from the perspective of the big picture, it definitely is.  A year in a different country doesn’t just mean you are in some foreign, exotic land for 12 months living the life.  It means you are away from the people you love.  You are far from the things that make you feel complete.  You are confused, lonely, and possibly homesick.  This year, which is not even halfway over yet, is by far the hardest year of my life.  It surpasses the year I had brain surgery and makes Baylor look like a walk in the park.  This year is the most challenging thing I have ever done.  I want that to be said.  I want people to hear that because I know when you see pictures you see all of the good, and there is a lot of good here, but what those pictures don’t show are the ins and outs of everyday living.  The cold water.  The lack of communication.  The mornings.  The longing for family and friends.  Yes, I am blessed to be here, but never did God say that being blessed would bring rainbows and butterflies and daisies all the time.  Being blessed means having happiness and thankfulness, both of which I have for this country and for my sweet home in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment