Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Small bodies. Big Souls. Big Hearts

**This blog is for my preschoolers who are now going to kindergarten...CRAZY!**

One of our first grade teachers had to go to circuit today, which means her sweet first graders would be left unattended.  She asked me to go in and spend some time with them.  We went over sight words, months, days of the week, colors, etc., and I was able to use my awesome preschool songs with them.  Of course they had no idea what I was saying, but they sure did appreciate my dancing and clapping.  These events got me thinking about my babies that I left back home, which warmed my heart immensely.  I was so blessed to spend half a year with them and see them grow a little.  Working with the first graders reminded me how much I love these little people.  These little souls.  I love their missing teeth.  Their sticky hands.  Their hugs.  The excessive use (on my own part) of the words awesome, pretty, and sooo good.

With all of that said, I am so thankful that I got to teach preschoolers before coming to namibia.  I am so thankful for all of the days that I cam home exhausted, but with tons of stories about the funny things that my students said and did.  They were precious!  So my sweet babies, congrats on graduating from preschool.  Miss Mac misses you A LOT and is so proud of you!

P.S.  Lana sent me some lovely pictures that y'all drew and I loved every single one.  They were soooo awesome and sooo pretty :)

2 comments:

  1. You're so sweet. A few weeks ago Anson told me we needed to take a vacation to Africa to see how you are doing and make sure your students are learning all the things they need to so you can come home soon :)

    ReplyDelete