Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Plane Tickets


I have officially confirmed my return ticket home to America.  My job in Namibia ends December 6th, and from there, the plan is to travel through South Africa for a few weeks with friends.  Then on December 19, 2013, I will board a plane to return home to Texas.  It is still far away, in fact, it is 190 days away, so it is a little silly to post about this, but I am a dreamer, which is nothing new for those of you who know me well.  I am always dreaming of the future or trips that I want to take, so returning home is really no exception.  I dream about getting off the plane in New York and being bombarded by all of the people and cold weather.  I dream about arriving in Houston and being greeted by family.  I dream about going through customs and hearing the words “Welcome home!”  Those two words, they make me choke up just when I think about them.  They’re so simple to the person speaking them, but as the person on the other side, I know they will sound beautiful and will most likely move me to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment