Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Blessings


I am blessed beyond belief.  More than this sinner deserves.  More than I could ever actually say thank you for.  Being in Africa, I am constantly reminded of this.  Living here for 40 days has shown me that I seriously have so much to be grateful for.  I have things that others may not have, may never have.

For starters:
·      I have parents that support me and help me through every situation.  They are constantly sending me uplifting messages that make my struggles acceptable.
·      I have a sister that sends me scripture via text every morning, regardless of the fact that it cost her to text me.
·      I have a brother-in-law who takes the time out of his crazy hectic schedule to email me about what’s going on in Texas.
·      I have a church family that 100% has my back and has supported every step of this journey.
·      I have friends back home that send me weekly emails, keeping me in the know about their lives, and asking about mine.
·      I have people all over the world praying for me and my job.
·      I have past coworkers that continue to support me and check on my struggles and accomplishments.
·      I have girls in Namibia that remind me why I am here and always show me a good time.
·      I have water to drink (most of the time), food to eat, air to breathe, and a gracious God I get to serve!

If all I was to get from this situation was to realize how blessed I am in life, I would say that this year was successful.  Yes, I want to do more while I am here, but how often do people honestly stop, take the time to count their blessings, and say thank you for them?  This year allows me to do that.  This year allows me to realize that God never leaves me, he never forsakes me.  He is always here.  His son is my rock, because of all people, He knows the struggles I am going through.  The difficulties of fitting in.  The times when nobody understands me.  The situations where I am alone.  I am so thankful that my savior knows the things I am going through.  It makes it that much easier for me to fight through and to know that a year here is doable. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you wrote this 40 days into your Namibian journey. Check out these Biblical references to the number 40...

    Forty days after the birth, Jesus was presented to the Temple of Jerusalem for his legal purification, according to the established law.

    The 40 days of fast of Jesus in the desert.

    Forty days separate the Ascension of Jesus of his Resurrection. (Act 1,3)

    The Flood of Noah lasted 40 days. (Gn 7,4)

    Elijah walked 40 days and 40 nights before to reach the Horeb mount. He fasted during 40 days before to begin his public ministry and he remained 40 days on the Carmel mount. (1 K 19,8)

    The priest Eli had been judge of Israel for 40 years. (1 S 4,18)

    Moses was 40 years old when he was called by God and that he killed an Egyptian, and escaped in the desert of Midian. He kept the herd of Jethro during 40 years. He resided finally 40 days and 40 nights to the summit of the mount Sinai before to receive the Tables of the Law. (Ex 24,18)

    During 40 day Goliath defied David.

    The children of Israel lived during 40 years in the constraint with the Philistines. (Jg 13, 1)

    The Hebrews wandered 40 years in the desert. (Nb 32,13)

    The reign of Joash lasted 40 years in Jerusalem. (2 Ch 24,1)

    The people of Nineveh had to repent during 40 days. (Jon 3,4)

    Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebekah. (Gn 25,20)

    The embalming of Jacob was prolonged during 40 days. (Gn 50,3)

    The reign of David on Israel lasted 40 years, just as the reign of Solomon in Jerusalem. (1 K 2,11 and 11,42; 2 Ch 9,30)

    Ezekiel supported the iniquity of the house of Juda during 40 days.

    The 40 emissaries of Canaan.

    The 40 years of repentance of Adam after his corrupt practice.

    Forty is the number of chapters of the book of the Exodus of the Old Testament.

    Jesus preached for 40 month.

    Saint John takes care 40 hours near to the body of the Very Holy Virgin Mary before her Assumption to the Sky.

    It is 40 years after the crucifixion of the Jesus Christ that Jerusalem was taken by the Romans and that the Temple was destroyed.

    The body of Jesus remained 40 hours in the sepulchre.

    Jesus received 40 blows of whip during his whipping.

    The 40 days of the Lent before Easter.

    There are NO coincidences in the Kingdom Of God!

    ReplyDelete