Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Church Families


Holy smokes, my God is good and my church family is even more gracious than I could have possibly imagined!  After having a rough Sunday and crying to my parents, they too were in a bit of a funk.  They hate seeing their baby upset, which is such a constant reminder that my parents are seriously the best.  Either way, they weren’t feeling great after talking to me and were hesitant to go to church, but God knowing what they needed, gave them the strength to make the appearance.  Prior to attending though, my dad sent an email to Pastor Marty including one of my blog entries.  It discussed all of the blessings I was receiving, but also some of the struggles I was going through.  I closed the blog with a quote from Parkway that seriously moved me that day and got me out of my funk.  Because of that, Pastor Marty chose to take up a donation that day in order for me to be reminded how much my church family loves me (some of these details are shortened due to the fact that my email is down while I write this).  That thought alone moved my heart and reminded me I am loved.  Well supposedly, they only expected around $200-$300.  However, on Wednesday, Marty talked to my parents, informing that a little over $1000 were raised!  I cannot even begin to express the gratitude that comes with this news.  Blessing is too small of a word to explain how I feel. I am truly thankful for this continuous support and love from those of you at home.  Knowing I have that money gives me so many opportunities.  To travel, to help my learners, to improve this school.  The list is endless, but the money will definitely be used to better my time in Africa.
To all who donated and to all who continuously pray for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I am constantly feeling love from my America family and friends, which honestly helps me survive each week.  The trials and tribulations are hard, but like James says, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.”
All of my Love,
Tay

1 comment:

  1. Through my tears at reading this post all I have to say is "I LOVE YOU TAYLOR!!"

    ReplyDelete