Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Potty Mouth


Remember how I told y’all our toilet is broken?  Remember how I am now using the outhouse for all of my bathroom duties?  Well blog world, let’s get a little closer.  Let me share some of my intimate details with you…

The other night, I was speaking with my roommate about there being no toilet paper in the outhouse.  She politely informed me where I could find the stash, but that led to us discussing bathroom life.  She asked if I had been going to the outhouse (duh!) and if that was ok.  Supposedly, we could try to get our house toilet to work again, but there are no promises it will.  Me not really caring, I told her that the outhouse was fine and that the only time I had a problem was when I didn’t feel well at 3am.  That in itself was an adventure.  Imagine a skinny white girl with a headlight on her head in the pitch black walking so fast because she is afraid of the cows.  Apparently the cattle enjoy the school grounds during the night.  I was afraid, like deathly afraid one would charge me with their horns (Hook’ Em Horns, right?).  White girl problems in a 3rd world country for sure.  Back to my toilet deal though.  After I informed her of feeling sick one night, she again asked me where I go pee.  I told her the outhouse of course.  Well that was just a crazy concept.  Supposedly if you have to go bad enough, you can pee in a basin and dump it down the shower drain.  As if the shower isn’t disgusting enough, right?  This baffled my American self, so I told her I would continue to use the outhouse.  Well since then, I feel like everyone is judging me when I go to the outhouse.  I feel like I need to wear a sign that says, “I’m only going number 1.”  Between the learners and the teachers, they probably think Miss Mac poops more than any other human being on the Earth!  So with all of that being said, I have deemed myself the Poop Queen of Namibia because I know everyone is thinking it and nobody is saying it… Here’s to a good reputation in Namibz!

2 comments:

  1. Do you get a tiara and sash with your queen title?!?! You could use the sash as TP!!
    I will never take going #1 or #2 for granted again!

    ReplyDelete